St. Matthew's Day School
San Mateo, California | while at Pfau Long Architecture
The Charles House, originally known as the Rectory of St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church and School, was built in 1917. The French Eclectic Style existing structure embraces a new 3,000 sf addition that houses the schools Pre-Kindergarten program with 3 classrooms, central gathering space, and kitchen. Classrooms have expansive views of the San Mateo Creek greenbelt and teaching garden. A new sculptural shade structure and play yard encourage outdoor play and community events.